Lessons By The Dozen
Life has an uncanny way of teaching us things. If you think about it, it can be pretty mind-boggling at times. And, sometimes it's not until we are amidst chaos, trauma, or some other "funky" situation that the light bulb goes off and the lessons appear.
Here are a few lessons I have learned, or dare I say re-learned, in the past few months.
1. People will always be people. Some you can help to change; others are unchangeable. Let them be.
2. Pressures of life will come. Put on your big girl/boy undies and deal with it. "Whine and mourn" if you must, as we often do, but such is life, no one said it would be easy or fair. Deal with it.
3. Trust your gut. It is never wrong...trust me on that one!
4. Don't be afraid to break/have a meltdown. Sometimes it's the best thing that could happen to/for you. Things surprisingly get clearer after that.
5. Give yourself grace and understanding. Your mental health deserves it.
6. Learn to forgive, to let go, and to walk away. Because prison is not made for everyone, nor is lowering your morals or standards just to hit back. However, a few choice words may be helpful - get it out of your system...blood pressure meds ain't cheap!
“Close some doors today. Not because of pride, incapacity or arrogance, but simply because they lead you nowhere.”―Paulo Coelho
7. Breathe slowly. It helps to calm your spirit.
8. Be open to change. You never know what it might lead to. Maybe it's the thing you've been waiting for. Who knows!
9. Take time to heal from whatever trauma you have faced. You will thank yourself in the end.
10. Be true to who you are - every single day. You owe no one an explanation to be you and you don't have to prove anything to anyone but yourself.
11. Know your worth and don't compromise on it. As hard as it might get, stop making others feel worthy of you, your time, your talent, etc when they don't give a rats-ass or show how much you are valued.
12. Continue to be kind and loving. Even when the world and the people around you aren't. Maybe, just maybe, your kindness and love will rub off on them.
Has life taught you any new lessons recently? Do share in the comments, I'd love to hear from you.
Blessings, Love & Light
There are affiliate links throughout this article. Affiliate links mean I will earn a small commission, at no additional cost to you, whenever you click on any of the links and make an actual purchase.